Are you looking to upgrade your home’s heating system during a home renovation with designer radiators? Look no further!
In this comprehensive guide from Rowlen Boilers, we will explore the benefits of designer radiators, how to install them, and why they are an excellent addition to any home.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Why Choose Designer Radiators?
Designer radiators are a popular choice for homeowners who want to combine functionality and style.
These radiators not only heat your home but also act as a statement piece in any room. With a vast range of styles, sizes, and colours, you can find a radiator that perfectly matches your home’s décor.
Designer radiators are also energy-efficient, helping you save money on your energy bills. With their sleek and modern designs, they are an excellent alternative to traditional radiators, adding a touch of luxury to any home.
Choosing the Right Designer Radiator
Before you start installing your new designer radiator, you need to choose the right one for your home. There are several factors to consider, such as the size of the room, the type of heating system you have, and your budget.
If you have a small room, a vertical radiator is an excellent choice, as it takes up less space than a horizontal one. If you have a large living room or hallway, a horizontal radiator can be a stylish and practical choice.
When it comes to the type of heating system, it’s essential to check if your current system is compatible with designer radiators. If you’re not sure, it’s best to consult a heating engineer before making your purchase.
How to Install Your Designer Radiator
Installing a designer radiator may seem daunting, but with the right tools and knowledge, it’s a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you install your new radiator:
- Turn off the heating system and allow the radiator to cool down.
- Drain the water from the current radiator.
- Remove the old radiator from the wall and plug the holes with a suitable material.
- Measure the space on the wall where you want to install the new radiator.
- Mark the positions for the brackets and drill the holes into the wall.
- Fix the brackets onto the wall using screws and rawl plugs.
- Hang the radiator onto the brackets and connect it to the heating system.
- Turn on the heating system and check for any leaks.
It’s essential to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and safety guidelines when installing your designer radiator. If you’re not confident in your DIY skills, it’s best to hire a professional installer.
Improving Your Home with Designer Radiators
Designer radiators not only heat your home but also add a touch of elegance and sophistication. They come in a range of styles, from minimalist and modern to vintage and traditional.
If you’re looking to create a statement in your home, a designer radiator can be an excellent addition to your living room, hallway, or bedroom.
You can also choose a radiator that matches your decor, such as a sleek and contemporary radiator for a minimalist home or a vintage-style radiator for a traditional home.
In addition to their aesthetic appeal, designer radiators are also energy-efficient, helping you save money on your energy bills. With their sleek and modern designs, they are an excellent alternative to traditional radiators, adding a touch of luxury to any home.
Maintenance and Care for Designer Radiators
Like any other heating system, designer radiators require regular maintenance and care to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Here are some tips on how to maintain and care for your designer radiator:
- Bleed Your Radiator: Over time, air can accumulate in your radiator, which can cause it to make strange noises or heat up unevenly. To solve this issue, you need to bleed your radiator. To do this, turn off your heating system and use a radiator key to release the air from the valve. Be sure to have a container underneath the valve to catch any water.
- Clean Your Radiator: To maintain the aesthetic appeal of your designer radiator, you need to keep it clean. Use a soft cloth and mild detergent to clean the surface of the radiator. Avoid using abrasive materials or cleaning agents that can damage the finish.
- Check for Leaks: Regularly check your designer radiator for any leaks or damage. If you notice any leaks, contact a heating engineer immediately to prevent further damage.
- Check the Water Pressure: Low water pressure can cause your radiator to heat up unevenly or not heat up at all. Check your heating system’s water pressure regularly and top up if necessary.
- Annual Maintenance: It’s recommended to have your heating system serviced annually by a qualified heating engineer. This will ensure that your system is working efficiently and safely.
Designer Radiators and Home Improvement
Designer radiators can be an excellent addition to any home improvement project. Not only do they provide warmth and comfort, but they also add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any room.
Here are some ideas on how to incorporate designer radiators into your home improvement project:
- Make a Statement: Use a designer radiator as a statement piece in your living room, bedroom, or hallway. Choose a radiator with a bold design or colour that complements your decor.
- Create Space: If you have a small room, a vertical designer radiator can be an excellent space-saving solution. It takes up less space than a traditional radiator and can also act as a decorative feature.
- Match Your Decor: Designer radiators come in a vast range of styles, colours, and finishes. Choose a radiator that matches your decor, such as a vintage-style radiator for a traditional home or a sleek and contemporary radiator for a modern home.
- Energy Efficiency: Designer radiators are energy-efficient and can help you save money on your energy bills. Choose a radiator with a high heat output and low running costs to maximise your energy savings.
In conclusion, designer radiators are an excellent choice for homeowners who want to combine style and functionality. With their sleek and modern designs, they are sure to impress your guests and add value to your property.
By following the maintenance and care tips in this guide, you can ensure that your designer radiator performs optimally and lasts for years to come. So why not upgrade your home’s heating system with a designer radiator today!