The TA6 Property Information Form Explained

Ad Banner

Selling your home is an incredibly stressful experience, made all the more so with hiccups and bumps that can be encountered along the way such as dealing with estate agents, mortgage brokers, and the endless stream of paperwork and forms you are required to fill out.

One such example of the paperwork you will be required to fill out is a TA6 property information form. But what exactly is a TA6 property information form? Why do you need to fill it out? And what happens if you fill it out incorrectly?

In this article, we will be looking at all of these questions and more to help you navigate the ins and outs of a TA6 property information form.

Looking for a quick answer? Check out our drop-down menu below!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

We ask this in order to deliver you a better experience.

What is A TA6 Property Information Form?

A TA6 Property Information Form is an informational form that people selling their homes are required to fill out before the property is put on the market. This form provides would-be buyers with all of the information they may need about the home in order to make an informed decision.

As the aim of the form is to give potential buyers all the information necessary to make an informed decision, the form covers a full range of issues that are both commonly and uncommonly found in Homes across the UK. This includes issues concerning rights and informal arrangements, environmental matters, any proposals, notices, disputes, and complaints.

However, a TA6 Property Information Form is not the only form you may be expected to fill out when selling. If the property is a leasehold, you will be expected to fill out a TA7 Leasehold Information Form as well as a TA10 Fittings & Contents form which alerts the buyer to what will be included and excluded in the sale of the property.

What Information Is Provided In A TA6 Property Information Form?

Now we have established what the TA6 Property Information Form is, we can take a more in-depth look at what is on the form.


As the TA6 Property Information Form concerns itself with property, it is hardly surprising that the first question covered on the form is concerning the boundary of the property and the land that you are selling.

Boundaries are a source of dispute for a lot of neighbours so it is important to be clear about exactly who is responsible for maintaining boundaries on the form, whether the boundary in question is a hedge, fence, ditch, or a wall.

The next question that you will be asked on the form is in regards to the boundary and whether it is irregular in any way. The Land Registry will usually include an outline of most property boundaries on the title plan, it is worth bearing in mind that this is not always an absolute guide.

The majority of land in England and Wales is registered with what is known as ‘general’ boundaries. This means that the title that is registered is not conclusive and the boundaries on the title plan do not always match the physical boundary features at the property.

As a seller, you will also be asked if the boundary features have been moved in recent years and whether they have been sent any notices under the Party Wall Act of 1996 regarding shared boundaries.

Disputes And Complaints

If you have ever had a feud with your neighbour, then you will need to disclose it on the property form. This section of the TA6 Property Information Form asks about any disputes or complaints you may have had with your neighbours and for information surrounding them.

It may ask for the cause of the dispute and what action was taken to resolve the matter. In addition to this, you will also be asked to provide any information about any disputes that have occurred in the past and anything that may lead to a dispute in the future.

This section of the form is left open to interpretation about what exactly qualifies as a dispute, but if you have escalated the dispute to include the police or the council then you are duty-bound to declare this.

Notices And Proposals

As the seller of the property, in this section, you will be asked to give buyers information regarding any notices or proposals that may affect the property. You can do this by providing any copies of letters from neighbours or the council that may go on to affect the property. An example of this may be any proposals to change or develop the nearby land or buildings.

Altercations, Planning And Building Control

If whilst you have been living in the property you have made any changes to it, you will be asked to provide the proper consents and approvals in this section of the form. As the seller, it is also your responsibility to provide any details of building and alteration work that does not have the necessary consents and permissions. This also includes any unfinished building and alteration work.

This section also includes solar panels. The form will ask if the solar panels are owned or leased. This is because if they are owned or leased, or if a lease of the air space has been granted, it may have an impact on mortgage lending.

Guarantees And Warranties

This section asks the seller about any guarantees or warranties that relate to the property. This can include guarantees for work such as damp proofing or a New Home Warranty. If you are a buyer, this section will advise you to check the warranties and guarantees.

This section will also ask whether or not any claims have been made under a guarantee or warranty that relates to the property.


For this section of the TA6 Property Information Form, you will have to state if you have taken out insurance on the property and give any information about any current insurance claims. If you do not have insurance taken out on the property, you will have to explain why.

Environmental Matters

In this section, you will be asked to disclose any environmental matters that may affect the property. This can include issues such as:

  • Japanese Knotweed : You will be asked as the seller whether or not Japanese Knotweed affects the property
  • Flooding: If your property has been affected by flooding you should disclose this on the form and state what kind of flooding has affected the property. You should also mention if a Flood Risk Report has been prepared for the property and provide a copy if so.
  • Energy Performance Certificate: An EPC rates how energy efficient a property is. It must be provided when a property is built, marketed for sale, or rented.

This section will also cover any Green Deal works that have been made to the property and will include questions about whether the property is affected by radon.

Rights And Informal Arrangements

This section is concerned with any access rights or shared use of the property. This can include if part of your property is used by the public ‘for access’ or if your property has rights over a neighbouring property in the form of rights of access or a shared driveway.

Another question you will be asked is if your property benefits from any rights such as rights to light and if any arrangements affect the property such as chancel repair liability.


For this section of the form, sellers will be asked what the parking arrangements are at the property. Is parking available on the street, on the driveway, in a garage, or in an allocated parking space? If a license or permit to park at the property this will also need to be disclosed. You will also need to state if the property is within a local authority parking scheme or within a controlled parking zone.

Other Charges

If there are any other charges affecting your property you will need to disclose them in this section. An example of this would be payments to a management company. You would need to include details such as the cost and frequency of the payments. If you happen to have a leasehold property you should include details of lease expenses like service charges and ground rent.


The occupier’s section of the TA6 Property Information Form regards anyone who lives in the property and whether or not you are selling it with vacant possession.


This includes services that have been supplied to the property including drainage/sewerage, central heating, and electricity. You will also have to include relevant certificates and whether or not these services have been tested or upgraded.

Connection to Utilities And Services

This is in relation to who is currently supplying the property with utilities and services. You will be expected to provide the details of the companies as well as the location of the meter.

Transaction Information

The final section of the form deals with any queries that affect the sale but are unrelated to the property itself. An example of this could be whether the seller is buying another property at the same time or if the seller has any special requirements regarding a moving date.

What Supporting Documents Do You Need To Supply?

As well as your completed TA6 Property Information Form, it is important to supply any relevant additional documentation as well. Any documentation that is missing must be stated on the form and you will need to speak to your conveyancer about what you can do.

Below is a list of supporting documentation you will need to include:

  • Electrical Work Documents
  • Gas Work Documents
  • Fensa Certificate
  • NHBC certificate
  • Boiler Service Records
  • Any Documents Relating To Building Work/Loft Conversions/Extensions/planning permission or Building Regulations.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

We ask this in order to deliver you a better experience.

The TA6 Property Information Form For Buyers

The TA6 Property Information Form includes information for buyers as well. As a buyer, when you get any information from the seller separate from the TA6 form, you should pass it on to your conveyancer solicitor.

Whoever is marketing the property is legally obligated to tell you anything that may impact your decision to purchase the property – the material information. You should be sure to alert your property lawyer to any information you have been given.

The form should not be used as a substitute for having a survey.

How To Complete The Form?

Completing a TA6 Property Information Form is not mandatory, but omissions or delays in providing the information required may delay the sale.

Included in the form are ‘instructions to sellers’ that state that as the seller you should:

  • Complete the form to the best of your knowledge
  • State if you are unaware of the answer to a question
  • Be as accurate as you can be
  • Inform your property lawyer as soon as you become aware of any information which would alter the replies you have given
  • Give your property lawyer any documents, letters, agreements etc that may help answer the questions

You are not expected to have in-depth knowledge of legal or technical matters.

What Next?

Now that you have filled in your TA6 form, your TA10 Fittings and Contents Form and depending on the property your TA7 Leasehold Information Form, your conveyancing solicitor will then pass these along to the buyer’s conveyancing solicitor.

Both the buyer and their solicitor will then examine these forms and depending on the information provided the buyer’s conveyancers may raise further questions. In order to avoid delays, it is important to fill out these forms correctly and respond to any inquiries promptly.

This covers just about everything you need to know about the TA6 Property Information Form. If you have any further questions queries or insight into the subject, please feel free to get in touch!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

We ask this in order to deliver you a better experience.

photo of Alexandra Ventress

Alexandra is a junior content producer who enjoys writing articles and finding out more about the property market. Read more about Alexandra here.

Ad Banner
About Alexandra Ventress 91 Articles
Alexandra is a junior content producer who enjoys writing articles and finding out more about the property market. Read more about Alexandra here.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.